Search This Blog

Sunday, May 26, 2013

New Beginnings

This week's Feature is about new beginnings. People go through different stages in their life. And while man may evaluate or esteem his fellow man by one set of bench marks, it's inauthentique to use it as a precursor to future behaviors. Too many times, people have fallen victim to misunderstandings and gossip. However, these people must not remain a burning ember in your soul. God has been allowing me to go through several circumstances in which my faith and walk with him has been sorely tested in that regard. Clarity came to me one day from one very unassuming source. Someone I barely speak to asked me "If I don't care, then why does it bother me so much?" That was an eye opener, because I realized two things. What I meant was that I don't care about the person. And two I am concerned about the ramifications of their actions. However, my faith in God would allow me to be non affected by stupidity if I am focused on God and loving all despite their evil ways. It was a challenge to recommit myself to praying for my enemies and for those who despitefully use me and back bite. It also was a challenge for me to re evaluate the way I feel about other people. God has already said its easy to love those who love us back. But we are no better than the Pharisee if we only do that much. We are to love everyone, even in our hearts. it also made me realize that I do care about some of my enemies, but not all of them. How could I say I don't care about someone as a person yet worry about what they do? If I am to truly embody Christ, I need to love all my enemies, not some and trust that whatever harm may come of my enemies' actions pale in comparison to the punishment God has in store for me if I don't choose to love them and not just love them, but pray for them. ( nice, Godly -type prayers). Firstly, God said He will not hear my prayers if I don't forgive others. Secondly, I will be judged and forgiven by God in the same manner that I exact it unto others. Thirdly, harboring hate is like hardwiring contempt into the Spiritual atmosphere of the mind section if the body temple. If my prayers are to be sweet incense, I can't pollute it with fantasies of buses running over "well deserving" enemies. The revenge is best left up to God. Only He knows everything. I was once married to a charming, seemingly Godly man. I soon learned he was a sociopath, rife with a plethora of ill-seated, duplicitous behaviors. I was extremely angry that it appeared is if so many people sides with him despite the plain black and white truths that God only showed me in snippets over time.... A sociopath is who they are. They are never wrong. They never admit guilt. They navigate society's social structures by assuming a charming persona and developing a crafty competence in people skills that is interpreted by others as kindness, skill and intellect. They need to pull the wool over people's eyes. That's their job. And people will be deceived. That's the result. That's one. Two is that anyone who cared to know what really happened would never have jumped to conclusions and gloried in the demise of a relationship. The lessons learned? Love my enemies, they are who they are. Pray for them, do good to them because perhaps not enough people prayed for them to begin with, which had led them to be lacking in some spiritual blessing. They need to be blessed so they can use all that craftiness and skill to be a blessing to others. The choice is up to them if they accept God's mercies, but it isn't up to me to preach to them. I'm not the Holy Spirit... Yes I learned that also! All I need to do is yield fully to God. Thanks for reminding me of that Lord. It's a challenge that God has presented to me and a challenge I accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment