Search This Blog

Monday, May 20, 2013

Pause...

Well, I know it has been quite some time since I've posted anything here. I've stopped recording for several reasons, the main one being that I have not been able to secure a reliable, honest, committed, respectful, and diligent engineer that is flexible with my schedule and has accommodations for young children. I found one great place but had to stop because my own schedule changed, along with priorities. Also, what I have found is that many of the engineers I've worked with are very disorganized. As a graphic designer in school we were taught to catalog our files for future reference. For some reason, many of the engineers I've worked with will tell you that they can't find my file. Maybe they weren't taught this in school? I don't know. But it may be a person to person thing because I know of 2 highly organized people. I could fall off the map for ten years and they'd still be able to locate the files that I need. Each person is prone to disorganization on a personal level. This is not what I mean. I only mean when it comes to business, one must always try to be organized, even if the business is conducted out of your home or garage. The other reason is because God has been opening up some doors for me with regards to my career, and I know that now is not the time to get back into music. I'm always writing, so that will never change, but the rehearsals, and recording, travelling etc. has been put on hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment